Followers

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sausage Breakfast Muffins w/Spinach & Egg



 
Here is an easy way to take a Paleo breakfast on the go.  I'm always looking for easy ideas to make life easy, while still keeping it healthy.  I made these meaty muffins on Sunday so that we can all have a great breakfast during the work week.
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. Sugar free breakfast sausage (I used US Wellness, but you can also make you own.  See my favorite recipe below from Primal Palate)
  • Sauteed spinach (I used some leftovers from the night before.  I sauteed it in a little bacon grease, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper.)
  • 6 or 7 eggs
  • Pink Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chives and crumbled bacon to taste.
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350.
     
  • Use a meatball size of sausage to fill the bottom and sides of a muffin tin.  Make sure you leave a well large enough for your spinach and egg.  I made 7 meat muffins, but it will depend at the size muffin tin you have.
  • Here is where you can add spinach or anything else you would like.  Remember to save room for the egg.  Crawfish, veggies, sweet potato hash, would all be possibilities! 
 
  • Next, I cracked an egg into each meat muffin.  Some of the muffins I fill with too much spinach, so I just saved some of the whites in a bowl.  (My hubby only likes egg whites, so I can always use extras.)
  • Top with salt, pepper, chives and a little bacon never hurts!
  • Bake 20 to 30 minutes until meat is done and eggs are to your liking.  My muffins baked for 20 minutes. 
  • Don't worry about sticking.  The fat from the meat helps the muffin to not stick.  As soon as I popped them out of the oven I ran a small knife around the sides. 
  • Once muffins are cool enough to touch, place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb grease.  Store in fridge.
  • Enjoy!
 
Here is the link for my favorite breakfast sausage.  http://www.primalpalate.com/recipe/breakfast-sausages/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please share and comment!