Followers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Smokey Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs w/Sweet Potato Fries

Today's lunch was great!  Simple, fast, and delicious!  The chicken recipe was from the Practical Paleo cookbook.  The sweet potato fries were added for my two carb loving men who are going Paleo for a week with this Cajun Mama, who is off of work for the Mardi Gras holiday!

 
Practical Paleo has a great spice blend section in their cookbook!  I LOVE IT!  Several of the blends are so good that I mix them and store in a shaker spice jar with label.  Keeping them made and at hand allows me to use with ease and makes life a little easier.  For this recipe, I used the Smoky Spice Blend.

Smoky Spice Blend:

1 Tbsp. chipotle powder
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. sea salt
1/2 Tbsp. black pepper

Smokey Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs:
(I love leftovers and 4 chicken thighs will not feed these men twice in this house.  Sooo, this is how I altered the recipe.)

8-10 bone-in chicken thighs, with skin (book does without, but trust me)
16-20 slices of bacon
Smoky Spice Blend
Sea Salt

Preheat oven to 400.
I placed all my chicken thighs on a grill pan that allow the fat to dip off (Don't worry, you will still get plenty of those good fats.  This way this skin and bacon will crisp and not be a greasy mess.)  Next, I sprinkled each chicken thigh with Smokey Spice Blend and sea salt.  I seasoned each piece pretty well.  Next, I wrapped each thigh with two pieces of bacon (If thighs are small, you can just use one piece to cover).  Once all thighs are wrapped in bacon, give another sprinkle of Smokey Spice Blend on each piece.  Bake 45-60 mins. depending on size.  Enjoy!


 

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious I will be making it for lunch soon. Good to get some cajun influenc.no idea why you cannot follow my blog lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out! I LOVE quick and easy recipes! Of course, ANYTHING wrapped in bacon makes it yummy! LOL! ;)

      Delete

We would love to hear from you! Please share and comment!