Followers

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tanya Day #1

Day # 1: 
So,  I had tea with a tablespoon of honey to kick me out of bed this morning, since I am not sure that I am ready to drink coffee black, and I don't think coconut milk in my coffee is going to cut it for me. Anyway, I just went in another direction with the morning wake up call. It worked.

Meal #1:
So this morning I got up and prepared the family, organic cage free scrambled eggs and nitrate free bacon for breakfast! I must say, it was delicious. I had this exact same meal 2 days ago at my grandmothers and it was not nearly as tasty, her regular bacon was so salty, and the eggs didn't have nearly as good flavor as what I noted today. This definitely supports the fact that high quality ingredients do make a difference! Now I am off to plan the meals for the remainder of the day. I am optimistic!

Organic Nitrate Free Bacon = Yummy!

Snack #1: 
I went shopping at SAM's for some salad greens, fruit and nuts. On my way out I realized I was getting really hungry, so I grabbed a Honey-crisp apple, to hold me over until lunch. (It worked!)

Meal #2:
OK, so lunch. I prepared a chicken breast salad. I marinated the chicken breasts in a little lemon juice, garlic, black pepper and OEVOO, then pan sauteed them in the marinade. Removed chicken, sliced and served over a bed of salad greens with sliced avocado, sliced almonds and tomatoes. I made an orange vinaigrette modified from the Make It Paleo cookbook. It was great! Hubby even ate the same salad, but since he is not so Paleo (yet) he chose a different dressing. But he didn't complain. And that is part of the journey when eating so dramatically differently from what you are used to....getting the family on-board. I don't expect them to jump in with me right away, but a little at a time for them is fine by me.

While I was prepping lunch, I also juiced some limes for the marinade for steak fajitas tomorrow night. I will have a steak fajita salad, while the rest of the family will likely do the traditional preparation with the flour tortillas. I need to get back to the store to pick up some of my spices. My pal Sherri already gave me the tip to go ahead and marinate and grill two flank steaks when preparing this meal and have enough for leftovers. So, I shall do that! I have a feeling advance preparation is going to be the key to this. That and save everything leftover for use in another meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please share and comment!