Followers

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Tanya: My First Paleo"Test"

We are off for a day of fun in the Big Easy for a family outing!!!! We loaded up and headed out to see the Roosevelt Hotel lobby in it's holiday grandeur. We are also making a trip to the Aquarium with our half off tickets we scored earlier this year. Anyone who knows Mark and I know we love New Orleans and we love food! So this is a test for me. Not just that, but we rushed out of the house early without a lot of time for meal prep. So... What's the plan?
My On-The-Go Goody Bag
Snacks in a Ziploc bag for the road. This is where Steve's Paleo Stix and Paleo Krunch Grain-less granola bars come in super handy, as well as a portable fruit and a Baggie of nuts. The plan for lunch is a grilled chicken salad with a vinaigrette dressing minus all the no no's. While it may not be "perfect" it is a realistic issue that we must all overcome when we choose alternative eating styles. So, I will keep you posted on my success!
One of our all-time-favorite appetizers! And it was legal!
Well! I managed my outing in NOLA with relative ease! I think the key was that I was prepared, and I had a plan. An important part of this, is that I made my needs clear to my family for what I could have for lunch, and we worked around it. I only felt a teeny bit jealous when the hubs dug into the hot baked bread and butter (which smelled A-mazing)! But, we shared one of our favorite appetizers, raw oysters (minus the crackers I usually eat). But guess what? I didn't miss those crackers! For the main meal I had a shrimp salad without cheese or croutons and opted for oil and vinegar dressing, as all of the choices in the restaurant included dairy of some type. (Now Sherri tells me she knows the chef at Superior Seafood on St. Charles, and he is all about pleasing us Paleo peeps! ...who knew???)
Grilled shrimp salad minus cheese, croutons and a side of oil and vinegar for dressing.

So, I had a great family lunch and I am full, satisfied and proud of myself! How great is that?!? Score one for me.

Tonight I will have leftover Salmon Cakes and Paleo tarter sauce and veggies. I am feeling good, no crashes and no headaches! Double Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please share and comment!