Followers

Monday, December 31, 2012

Tanya: Day #6

Whew...it has been a BUSY day. I finally got my cleaning on, for real... Nothing seemed to be safe from mama's cleaning madness! The living room (think toy store exploded there), pantry drawers (think grocery store exploded there), and many things in between including taking down Christmas decorations. ALL of the above were much to the dismay of the 2 year old. Sad news is, that we are not done. Today was operation de-clutter, tomorrow is operation deep clean! Whatever, I am just relived that it finally happened, before hubby returns to work Wednesday!

So, about that Paleo thing...haha...just kidding, it has been fine. Today is an "easy" day.

I was feeling a little burnt out on eggs and bacon for breakfast today, so I decided to go with the bowl of Paleo Krunch Cereal and fruit on top and coconut milk. Once again, it was super yummy and filling. I didn't have one hunger pang and hubby asked finally if he could heat up the chili and franks for lunch. So, another score for the Paleo Krunch.

I had planned leftover chili dogs for lunch, remember? And I must say that the garlic beef franks from US Wellness Meats were great! Every ingredient on the label, I could ACTUALLY pronounce! Check the label of your standard hot dog wieners next time. It may scare you into putting them back. I had mine with chili and a dollop of my Paleo sour cream, diced red onions and avocado. It was totally yum. Not a bit deprived! It is a 2 hours until supper and I am still not feeling hungry. I am having a slightly strange concoction of Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and raw honey. It has this sweet and sour taste and it is supposed to be super healthy and cleansing. It is warm and it curbs my appetite. WARNING...it does not taste the same with your cheap run of the mill apple cider vinegar, it is curl your toes tart and unappealing...ask me how I know ;-)

Tonight we will be doing a basic meal of hamburgers with quality beef. I will go bun-less while the family goes traditional. With it we are having fresh baked sweet potato fries. We love these. Hubby makes his with cumin on them and they are devine. I need to whip up some Paleo ketchup for my burger and fries, which I will do shortly.

So, summary of plan to day 6. It is fine. I feel good, have more energy, I feel clear headed and I am not having any ill side effects. I'd say so far, it is a success and I am pleased. The hardest part is planning and preparing in advance. But when you are a planner like I am, it is a perfect fit!


2 comments:

  1. "Chili Dog Bowl", as we have come to call it here, is my favorite! Isn't it funny how satisfied you are eating this way. I will say people are just amazed at how much I eat! I eat until I'm full of nutrition dense foods that are healing to my body. You will notice that your blood sugar is so stable that you do not have to eat every few hours. You lose that "I'm crashing/I gotta eat something fast" feeling. One of the other things I noticed was the "brain fog" had lifted!!! Your body is beginning to remember what "good" feels like!! So exciting watching you heal yourself day by day! Don't you just have such a good feeling that you just want everyone to feel that good! Hopefully, this blog will do just that!
    Now, for the hamburger tonight! I'm going to recommend a Grilled Portabella Bacon Burger!!! Hubby always grills me some Portabella mushroom caps to eat my burger on! Then I top it with bacon, of course! Lettuce, tomato, and some wonderful Paleo BBQ sauce. Gonna need a fork and knife, but you are going to feel wonderful when your meal is done!!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the hamburger I slathered my Paleo mayo, mustard and Paleo ketchup right on it and built my burger just like any other day sans the bun. It was a knife and forker, but it rocked! Dipped my sweet tater fries in the Paleo ketchup and I was in HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please share and comment!