Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Making My Own Bone Broth


So why make bone broth?  Bone broth will boost the immune system, improve digestion, help allergies, improves brain health, and so much more. It is an awesome source of calcium and magnesium. Bone broth will also support your joints, hair, skin and nails.
I totally did not need to reinvent the wheel and come up with a new recipe because there are so many great ones out there.  I researched a few and decided to combine my favorites.  I used one with a few veggies this time, but next batch will be without them.

 
60 ozs. Filtered water
2-3 lbs. Marrow bones (Order 2 lbs. marrow bones from US Wellness and used bones from our short ribs)
2 Tbsp. Bragg's unfiltered Apple Cider
vinegar>2-3 Stalks celery
1 large onion
One small bunch of organic carrots
Parsley (Didn't have fresh, so I use dried organic)
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper corns
 
 
Here is the easy directions!  Toss in crockpot and set on high until you bring it to a boil.  Turn to low and cook up to 24 hours.  Since I've added veggies, I'm going to check mine in the morning to ensure they are not bitter.  Check back soon for the results!!
 

Going to be straining and freezing this for use in soups and other recipes calling for broth!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please share and comment!