Followers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Paleofied Chocolate Lava Cake

Well, I guess since Tanya has shared her love for the Chocolate Lava Cake, we should share our recipe. I always top mine with a little fresh fruit (Ok, a lot of fruit)! 
There are just some times in a women's life when WE NEED SOME CHOCOLATE!  Well this little cake has NO FLOURS!


 
 
Here are the ingredients:

 

1 ripe banana
1 egg
2 Tbsp. Almond Butter
1 Tbsp. Pure Cocoa Powder (Not sweetened)
1 Tbsp. Honey (optional or other sweetener of choice)
A few dashes cinnamon
A few chopped nuts of your choice (I used Pecans)
 

Directions:
 
Mash banana with the back of fork.

 

Add all ingredients in bowl.

 
Mix until blended well.  (Or, if your arms are too sore from Crossfit, just put it in the Ninja!)
 

 

At this point, you have two choices.  You can microwave the entire batter in the bowl you mix it in, which will make one large cake.  Or you can divide into two small dishes and have two small cakes.  I like to cook one and cover the other one in plastic wrap and save in the fridge to cook later.
 
 

 

Cook time
For one cake: 2 mins. to 2 mins. 15 secs.
For two cakes: 45 secs.-1 min.
Note:  I love my center to be a little gooey.  It is almost like a chocolate sauce in the middle.  If you do not like gooey, try the max cooking times.  I will tell you that cooking too long will make it dry.
 
 
 
And just in case you need more "CHOCOLATE", you can always add a teaspoon of these!  I love the Enjoy Life Mimi Chips!  They are carob chips free of dairy,nuts, and soy!  Not "Paleo Perfect", but will give you that fix you need!
 
ENJOY!!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love this chocolate lava cake, I don't put fruit on mine cause I love the plain old chocolate experience!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please share and comment!