Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tanya: Post Celebration Day

I think it is worthy of noting how I felt yesterday after a small diversion in my eating plan.

Friday was my last day of work at my "old" job. To celebrate, my fabulous co-workers took me out to eat at a Paleo friendly restaurant, Santa Fe. My lovely coach, Sherri advised me to have the petite filet, broccoli and plain baked sweet potato. I did, and they were all very tasty, however, I was suspicious that there was nothing added to my food, but if there was, it wasn't obvious. I also went out to eat at Texas de Brazil for a belated birthday dinner, reflection of an ending and celebration of new beginnings for me. Anyone who has never been must go! They have the most amazing salad bar, as well as the famous non-stop meat fest that everyone knows about. On this evening, I consciously diverted from my plan, and had a large glass of red wine, the baked banana palate cleanser that I suspect was inclusive of butter and some sugar, and I had one small bite of whipped garlic potatoes. I am sure that none of the steak that I had Friday was grass fed, the vegetables were most likely NOT organic and that the wine was just plain old amazingly good!

So what did that do to the way I felt the next day? Well, in a word, I was EXHAUSTED. I woke up at my usual time, but by 11 am I was clamoring for a nap, and I slept for 2 hours. I was tired again after that and when my toddler wanted a nap at 5 o'clock before dinner, I indulged her, and we both fell asleep for another hour. I didn't really notice anything but HOW TIRED I WAS. I doubt this is purely coincidental.

Was it the non-optimal beef and veggies? the butter? the small amount of sugar? the wine? 

I don't really know. I didn't over indulge in anything, so I can't be sure. But I am sure that there was a change in my level of energy compared to every day since I have started, and today. While today I feel like, I "could" nap, yesterday was I "must" nap! Interesting I say, very interesting.

So, I was back on the wagon yesterday and today and have every intention of staying the course. In fact, I just made my next orders for meat and snacks/cereals. I am ready to ride out the rest of my 30 days now!

Why don't you jump on board too?

1 comment:

  1. Well, it will take some time, but soon you will know exactly what does it to ya! LOL! Sugar makes my pulse rate increase greatly within 30 minutes of consumption and will cause me to be VERY FATIGUED the next day. Milk/dairy will cause swelling and inflammation in my joints. Processed foods tend to make my stomach hurt (It feels like chemicals are eating my stomach from the inside!). By the end of 30 days, you will know and never want to return to that again! It will not be worth it! Keep up the awesome work and stay on your healthy path!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please share and comment!