Followers

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Paleo Orange Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry with Kelp Noodles

I wanted to post a yummy recipe that I made up last night! Even the hubby gave it a thumbs up!
Paleo Orange Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry with Kelp Noodles

5 cups of stir fry veggies of choice
2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
1 1/4 cup of Orange Juice
2 tablespoons grated ginger
3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
3 tablespoons of coconut aminos
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 lb shrimp
pinch of kosher salt
sprinkle of black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 bags of kelp noodles



I used up lots of veggies in the fridge! 
I used various stir fry vegetables including, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, sliced mushrooms, matchstick carrots, green and red bell peppers sliced, snow-peas and sliced onions. In total I had about 5 cups of veggies. This can be any combination of these, omit the ones you don't like, dial up the ones you do. It isn't an exact science!

I had juiced 2 oranges and a carrot the night before so I used 3/4 cup in a small bowl whisked with 2 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger and 3 cloves of garlic. I added a teaspoon of sesame oil, a 1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce, and 3 tablespoons of coconut aminos. I used a 1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper (be careful with this ingredient, it dials the heat up really fast!) Set aside.

I thawed and drained 1 pound of large peeled shrimp. I marinated them in 1/2 cup of OJ and seasoned them with a pinch of kosher salt, a good hit of black pepper and generous dusting of garlic powder. Set aside.
The odd orange color is from the carrot juiced with the oranges!
In a wok pot, I used 2 tablespoons of ghee (clarified butter), but you could use coconut oil as a substitution. Heated the pot and added all of my vegetables and let them cook for about 10 minutes, stirring to frequently. I removed the vegetables back to the large bowl and heated the wok up to sear the (drained) shrimp quickly. This takes only 1-2 minutes. I then added the marinade and a squeeze of honey,  2 bags of kelp noodles and tossed around. (Lesson Learned here, cut your kelp noodles first! They are more manageable that way...) I then returned the veggies and tossed everything around together more until evenly distributed.  I then turned off the heat to let it sit for a few minutes until the kelp noodles were thoroughly heated through.

Available At Whole Foods


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please share and comment!